1) Sign a petition to stop using kangaroo leather!
- This petition appeals to Adidas to stop using kangaroo leather in their products. Each year, approximately 3 million kangaroos are killed in what is widely regarded as the largest wildlife massacre on the planet.
- While peacefully grazing at night, kangaroos are targeted by shooters driving trucks with bright lights designed to spot and startle kangaroos. Although the shooters are supposed to kill them by a single head shot, many kangaroos are shot in the neck, jaw or chest which causes a slow and excruciating death. Mother kangaroos with furless joeys or 'at foot' young are also brutally shot leaving countless joeys orphaned and at risk of dying from exposure to cold, starvation and predation from wild dogs and foxes.Shockingly, the number one supporters of this barbaric trade are sports shoe manufacturers, who purchase the skins and turn them into football boots. Because Adidas is a customer of the kangaroo industry, their use of kangaroo leather is supporting an industry that has no regard for kangaroos. Please sign and help encourage Adidas to end the use of kangaroo leather!
I'm very revolting to see how the australian government and CITIZENS allow such a slaughetr, and even more shocked about sport labels demand to do this for making shoes!! Destroy a biodiversity treasure in danger of extintion and national symbol of Australia in order to make shoes???????
I will stop buying adidas, puma and nike. How can someone be so heartless?? We can't let this go on!
2) Sign a petition to end the slaughetr of whales and dolphins in Faroe Islands (Denmark)
- Hundreds of pilot whales are slaughtered every year on the Faroe Islands, a small group of islands north of Europe. Faroe men go out with boats to drive these animals into a fjord using nets to block their way back to sea. The whales then beach themselves, or are pulled ashore with a blunt hook lodged in their blowholes. Once beached and defenceless these whales are killed by having their spinal cords and major blood vessels cut. It can take up to three and a half minutes for a whale to eventually die.
- Other than pilot whales, several species of dolphins are also killed using these same methods.
- Due to the harsh climate that makes it difficult to grow food on the Faroe Islands, the meat and blubber of these animals was once an important part of the diet of the Faroe people. But nowadays their food supply is diverse and plentiful, the cruel whale and dolphin hunt continues primarily for the sake of 'tradition'
3) Sign a petition to stop the extermination of the Amazon Pink River Dolphin
"These gentle creatures are being killed and exported to other counties due to the complete lack of a serious ambiental policy in Brazil.Besides being affected in their numbers due to extinction of forest areas and the illegal fishing of the species, brazilian authorities simply do not ssem to care.Ignorance made it a belief that they have "magical powers", and that eating their flesh leads to an increased sexual performance. This is one of the main reasons for their decreasing numbers in Amazon. They are hunted and killed to supply this stupid and equivocated market of ignorant consumers.With no real serious concern of the responsible legal agencies such as Ibama.Another reason for their near extinction is that they are being used as baits for fishing. Hunters are being hired to kill them to that effect, so that their flesh is used in Colombia for the fishing of the "piracatinga" .Many foreign TVs have come to document this tragedy."
4) Sign this petition to stop the slaughter of seals in Namibia
"The hunt in Namibia is the second largest commercial seal hunt in the world, and it would not comply with most other nations' laws protecting marine mammals. It is inhumane and unsustainable. Its high quotas are non-precautionary and violate modern basic principles of good wildlife management."
With simple actions like this you as a single individual, with me and tens, hundreds, thousands, millionsof other people can contribute a better world free of cruelty. Want an example of what we have accomplished?
YES WE CAN DO IT!